Re: Checkpoint not complete error

From: Saad Khan <saad4u_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:37:34 -0400

Ok gurus, I've resized the redologs to 500MB but the users are now complaining that the app is dragging. In the alert logs I dont see any other message neither I see logswitches occuring fastly.

When I ran the following sql, I get these results: select
  2 event,
  3 total_waits,
  4 time_waited,
  5 average_wait
  6 from
  7 sys.v_$session_event
  8 where
  9 event = 'log file sync'
/

EVENT                                                            TOTAL_WAITS

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
----------- ------------
log file sync                                                             55
         10          .18

log file sync                                                            149
         31          .21

log file sync                                                            102
         30          .29

EVENT                                                            TOTAL_WAITS

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
----------- ------------
log file sync                                                            120
         26          .22

log file sync                                                             19
          7          .38

log file sync                                                            253
         30          .12

EVENT                                                            TOTAL_WAITS

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
----------- ------------
log file sync                                                             26
          8           .3

log file sync                                                            133
         16          .12

log file sync                                                             26
          3           .1

EVENT                                                            TOTAL_WAITS

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
----------- ------------
log file sync                                                             77
         12          .15

log file sync                                                           9875
        901          .09

log file sync                                                              7
          1          .12

EVENT                                                            TOTAL_WAITS

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
----------- ------------
log file sync                                                              2
          0          .13

log file sync                                                            282
         23          .08

log file sync                                                              2
          2         1.09

EVENT                                                            TOTAL_WAITS

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
----------- ------------
log file sync                                                             65
         33           .5

log file sync                                                             17
          4          .24

log file sync                                                              6
          2          .32

18 rows selected.

Similarly, following are the other results: SQL> select
  event,
  total_waits,
  time_waited,
  average_wait
from
  sys.v_$system_event
where
  event like 'db file %' or
  event = 'free buffer waits' or
  event = 'write complete waits'
order by
  time_waited desc
/
  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

EVENT                                                            TOTAL_WAITS

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
----------- ------------
db file sequential read                                               236822
      23909           .1

db file scattered read                                                 61664
       8335          .14

db file single write                                                     391
         21          .05

EVENT                                                            TOTAL_WAITS

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
----------- ------------
db file parallel read                                                     16
          6          .38

I went through a system check report and found the following comments in it:

Data Blocks - DBWR too slow

Segment header - Full tbl scan w/data load - reschedule

Undo Header - Not enough RBS - add

Undo Block - Increase pctfree of tables being modified

I'm not sure where to move from here. Can someone please help?

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 24 2009 - 15:37:34 CDT

Original text of this message