RE: silly dbms_stats question

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:57:17 -0600

Indirectly related, don't forget that Oracle automatically gathers stats by default in 10g.

Go here:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14211/stats.htm #i41282

To see (among other things) this:

This job is created automatically at database creation time and is managed by the Scheduler. The Scheduler runs this job when the maintenance window is opened. By default, the maintenance window opens every night from 10 P.M. to 6 A.M. and all day on weekends.

-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:35 AM
To: Crisler, Jon
Cc: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Re: silly dbms_stats question

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com> wrote:

        My information was that dbms_stats does not update the last_analyzed column of dba_tables / user_tables, and this affected all versions of 10g, but was fixed in 11g. However your test seems to contradict my information, but I have tested this many times and found it to be true, even on 10.2.0.3. I wonder if there is a patch that changed this behavior ?

Is there a database you can duplicate it on?

Possibly platform dependent?

Our databases are all on Windows or Linux.

Jared Still