Problem flushing shared pool on HP-UX Itanium

From: Alfonso León <>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:56:13 -0500

Hi everybody:

We have a HP-UX Itanium Server with 28Gb of memory, 4 cores, Oracle it often hangs waiting for flushing shared pool, manually or automatically. Memory Target is 18Gb.

the ASMM set the following parameters

__oracle_base='/prod01/app/oracle'#ORACLE_BASE set from environment

when the shared pool is full, sometimes we get that most processes wait for library cache: mutex X. It takes up to 2 hours to flush the shared pool and sometimes we have to kill the smon because the instances doesn't accept any conection to shutdown the instance.

Has anybody had issues with flushing the shared pool?

Alfonso Leon