Re: Doc.ID 756671.1 Oracle Recommended Patches

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:39:52 -0400

Hey where is 11x.7 patchset numbers? :)

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Consultant
Data Engineering and Administration
Nationwide Investments

(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage? Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt
To:
oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date:
04/24/2009 02:00 AM
Re: Doc.ID 756671.1 Oracle Recommended Patches Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

Well, to get some better understanding to patch or not to patch I did a very "scientific" thing:

I put to excell Oracle lists of fixed bugs and roughly calculated the number of bugs fixed in some Oracle releases. What I can tell from this picture: life's is going on:

Patch Set Number of bugs

7.3.4.1     30
8.1.5.1     433
8.1.6.3     636
8.1.7.4     1757
9.0.1.1     801
9.0.1.2     687
9.0.1.4     1392
9.0.1.5     1000
9.2.0.2     1724
9.2.0.3     1439
9.2.0.4     1955
9.2.0.5     2974
9.2.0.6     2605
9.2.0.7     2000
10.1.0.5 2500
10.2.0.2 1173

10.2.0.3 2007
10.2.0.4 4326

p.s. for 7.3.4.1 I calculated the number manually because the document which Oracle provided in the metalink was not "excell friendly"