RE: possible to install oem 10.2 in redhat 5?

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:36:48 -0400

Does the installer have an -ignoreSysPrereqs option like the database installer does?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dba DBA Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:34 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: possible to install oem 10.2 in redhat 5?

I changed the oraparam.ini file to say that redhat five is certified. I am trying to install 10.2.0.1(I will then upgrade it).

The guide does a pre-req check and i get an error:

OUI-18001: The operating system 'Linux Version redhat-Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga)' is not supported.

Is there anyway to make this install work with this version of linux or do i have to reinstall redhat 4 ?