RE: Lock Type in V$LOCK

From: Marco Gralike <Marco.Gralike_at_AMIS.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:19:21 +0200

:-)

Sorry, just call it lazy...

Funny though that I encountered those while using the Oracle XMLDB Protocol Server (XDB Repository / HTTP, WebDAV access). I got daemon processes that lock underlying XDB tables while being "oracle.exe (shad)"

Van: Tanel Poder [mailto:tanel_at_poderc.com] Verzonden: wo 22-4-2009 16:57
Aan: Marco Gralike; 'oracle-l-freelists' Onderwerp: RE: Lock Type in V$LOCK

V$LOCK_TYPE is a good starting point!

SQL> select type,name,description from v$lock_type where type in ('AE', 'TO');

TYPE NAME                 DESCRIPTION

---- -------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------
AE Edition Lock Prevent Dropping an edition in use TO Temp Object Synchronizes DDL and DML operations on a temp object

AE is about application code versioning (editions) which should be released as part of Oracle 11.2 I think. TO is about temp tables so someone wouldn't be able to drop or alter the structure of the table def while there's some other session having data in the temp tab.

--

Tanel Poder
http://blog.tanelpoder.com <http://blog.tanelpoder.com/>

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Marco Gralike Sent: 22 April 2009 21:48
To: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Lock Type in V$LOCK

        I have encountered, for me, two new lock types from v$lock (Oracle 11g)

        Does anyone now whats related to types "AE" and "TO" ?

        (and in my case "AE" is not OMS/Oracle agent related)

        Thanks!

        Marco

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 22 2009 - 10:19:21 CDT