RE: RAC interconnect packet size??

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:04:50 -0400

Hi Tanel,

I hear what you're saying, but, because the LMS processes were by far the biggest CPU hogs, I was thinking that the overhead of breaking down and reassembling packets was the primary cause of CPU starvation.

As I said, we're currently in "wait and see" mode, hoping that we've seen the last of these events. Obviously, if I see more CPU starvation, I'll have to re-think the root cause. But, as I mentioned before, enabling jumbo frames is the "right" thing to do, and there's really no downside, so....

Anyhow, we'll see what happens.

-Mark