Re: max databases in one RMAN catalog

From: ~Jeff~ <jifjif_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:54:57 +1200

hi Jeremy
wellll - we had 500+ without any real issue ... the occasional database would have issues with things like slow "resync catalog" because of thousands of tablespaces but the rest were fine. ROUT would also have problems with >500k rows, usually because of a monster crosscheck output somewhere but that's not too bad either as you can just truncate it (!!) once you realise Metalink's 'fix' doesn't work for you :P Again, capacity related but not strictly due to number of databases in the catalog.
.
HTH,
Jeff Wong
.