Re: RAC interconnect packet size??

From: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:42:25 +0200

Did you investigate the exact properties of your interconnect? I don't know which operating system you've used, if it's linux, use iperf to measure host-to-host latency and MTU sizes. If one of the networking components do not support a 9000 MTU, it will break down the packages to 1500, which cost time.

(iperf is not available in the RHEL or OEL repo's use EPEL to obtain it: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL)

frits