how can I proove Oracle doesn't measure every SQL-execution

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:17:32 +0200

Hi List,

Today I have to face a more or less non technical question: I have to search, ifthere is any possibility to measure the execution time of [any|set of|every] SQL thrown onto a database. Even I'm pretty sure my boss doesn't know exactly what he wants, I would translate it to an ideal view similar to

        instance_id, session_id, username, start-time, sql_id, sql_child_id, end-time, ...
for a given periode into the past (let's say 30 min minimum).

Does anyone know how to convince the management there is no way (either oracle internals or 3rd party products) to do this?

In this particular case I doesn't even know how to open a SR at metalink or ask for external support to clairfy.

thanks in advance,
Martin