Re: RAC and single instance together

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 03:33:29 -0300

yes, you can. When you start DBCA you simply tell it to run in single instance mode.

And yes, you can have a separate OH, simply by installing another OH, again you tell OUI it's a single instance and not a RAC. Then any instance created with this new OH would be single instance only.

And yes, listener can work through several OHs without any trouble. Just make sure you start the listener from the latest home (i.e. latest patchset)

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional