RE: Database Foreign key constraints vs Application Maintained Constraints

From: peter bell <bellpk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:15:59 +0000

Yes - I'm not totally sure about the idea of seperate database schema per 'sub-systems' either.

This idea comes from the fact that the company has a vision of agile teams woking independently of other teams.

Each team is responsible for its own sub-system (or 'vertical'). These sub-systems will have their own release cycle.

There is a perception that multiple schemas would allow these teams greater freedom to make changes at database level.

But the more I think about it, the less I agree ...

br
peter

View your Twitter and Flickr updates from one place – Learn more! http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/