Re: Bug in compressed Rman backup

From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:02:45 -0700 (PDT)

Do you have the bug number?

 Robert G. Freeman
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now... Blog: The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)

  • Original Message ---- From: Yechiel Adar <> To: ORACLE-L <> Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 3:52:58 AM Subject: Bug in compressed Rman backup

One of our databases ( hung a few times in the last days. Finally it was traced to a bug in Rman compressed backup against a database that was created in 9.2 and was upgraded to

Just thought that you may want to know.

  • Adar Yechiel Rechovot, Israel