ora-04091, updating same table in trigger

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder_Singh_at_picis.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:28:09 -0400

Hi,

Currently insert into a table is failing with error ora-04091 and it looks like after-row insert/update trigger is trying to update the same table, for example if we try to insert row into table and 1 column is empty then in trigger based on some logic we update that column for same row.
How can we fix this issue, Is there any workaround so that we can update the same table in the trigger?

Thanks
--Harvinder

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access or use by any other person to this internet email is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete or destroy this email. If you do not wish to receive future emails from this sender, please reply directly to this email requesting you be removed from any mailing list.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Apr 20 2009 - 09:28:09 CDT

Original text of this message