RE: ASH Buffer max size

From: Milen Kulev <>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:51:29 +0200

Hello Martin,
it seems that the upper limit of _ash_size is 250MB (on 10g and 11g). I have tested it on OEL5.3 with and (1CPU ;( only ) The parameter _ash_size is set as requested , but the real value of the buffer is limited to 250MB

SQL> select POOL , NAME , BYTES from V$SGASTAT where NAME='ASH buffers' ;

POOL         NAME                            BYTES
shared pool  ASH buffers                 266338304

This result is independent of Oracle shared memory management discipline (AMM or ASMM)

HTH. Milen