Re: RMAN backup to disk and then later copy to tape

From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 06:29:17 -0600

This piqued my interest. Pretty soon I'm going to have to find some tape backup software for Windows Server 2003 (or higher) 64-bit.

On my 32-bit server, I use an old version of Veritas (pre-Symantec) BackupExec with the Oracle Agent option. To upgrade this to the newest version for 64-bit, will cost the project around $3,000 (which we don't have).

So, can anybody recommend other programs that would work in this environment (Oracle 11g and Windows 2003 Server, 64-bit)? If we have to go begging for money, I'd rather beg for money for something that WILL work instead of for something that MAY work.

--
-- Bill Ferguson