ORA_ROWSCN, Hibernate and Level 2 caching...

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:37:11 -0700 (PDT)

OK, first out of the box I'm not a Hibernate expert at all. We have an issue here where Hibernate is not reading the correct ORA_ROWSCN from an Oracle table. Apparently the ORA_ROWSCN that is being read is actually ORA_ROWSCN + 1. It seems this is the result of level 2 caching. Hibernate isn't very helpful, telling us that ORA_ROWSCN is not supported when using level 2 caching. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this, has any experience with this kind of an issue?

If this seems to OT, then I apologize in advance.

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now... Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)