INSERT..VALUES rows processed > executions

From: Charlotte Hammond <>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:37:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I am looking at some INSERT INTO table VALUES (...) type queries in DBA_HIST_SQLSTAT where the rows_processed > executions. Normally I'd expect to see 1-to-1 relation unless bulk binds are being used but the developers say they are not doing that. However I'm not allowed to see the code to confirm this.

Am I missing something obvious - are there any other circumstance where rows_processed > executions for an INSERT..VALUES?  (No triggers on this table, not that it should matter).  Oracle 10g on AIX.