Re: ctx_ddl.sync_index question

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:42:56 -0700 (PDT)

> is it so resource intensive that the system
> will essentially lock (from the users viewpoint)

Mike,

Others had excellent answers. I want to point out the locks taken during the sync_index operation. My earlier test (in 10.2.0.1) shows that "All TM locks are in mode 3. So there shouldn't be conflict with DML." See http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/TextIndex.txt

If the index were ctxsys.ctxcat type, you wouldn't need to run sync_index. But ctxsys.context type does.

Yong Huang