Re: Re: Density statistic calculation in case of histogram

From: Alberto Dell'Era <>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 00:14:31 +0200

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 17:20, Neeraj Bhatia <> wrote:
> Basically I am interested to know how density is calculated in case of
> height-based histograms. Also, how CBO calculate selectivity.

I wouldn't investigate too much the density in 10.x since the formula has changed (to a very intuitive one) in 11gR1:

so, the 10.x formula has been "deprecated" by the kernel developers.

I did find a statistical justification for the 10.x computation, but I have never "published" it for the above reasons, it is no longer important.