Re: What would you do with 8 disks?

From: Mir M. Mirhashimali <>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 10:10:14 -0500

I kinda like to spread my redo to several disks

I have 4 disks and i write the redo logs as follows

Disk1 - OS

G01_M1 on disk2
G01_M2 on disk3
G02_M1 on disk3
G02_M2 on disk4
G03_M1 on disk4
G03_M2 on disk2

and so on

this way redo is safe from disk failure.

Mir M. Mirhashimali
Oracle Systems Manager
Database Architecture, Enterprise Applications Rice University
(713) 348 6365