RE: Mirroring redo log groups or not ?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:04:09 -0400

There is no protocol that can protect you from human error by someone with authority to remove an online log file.

I'd actually be surprised if there was someone dumb enough to remove active online logs and not anal enough to remove all the copies. But we'll never know, because you're positing that the folks who removed single member log groups would have been saved by multiple members. Unless you have a time machine, you cannot test that.

Regards,

mwf