Re: database monitoring tools - what is your short list of requirements?

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:57:55 +0400 (GST)

One more addition
**orphaned and heavy load session alert ** On my apps instances, there are occurrences of processes at unix/Linux level that occupy more than 20-25% of Cpu load. These sessions are either orphaned or genuine batch process or bad query run by users. I am planning to place an alert during day time to warn end users after certain time interval, and get rid of orphaned ones with proper logs.

Thanks!
Amar
Www.amar-Padhi.com