Re: Nologging clause

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 09:36:39 +0300

Apart from the technical question I think there is a problem with the basic assumption.
What happened if the CEO had his ticket refreshed and the database later went down.
In this case you will restore to the last backup of last night. The CEO will try to work and will not be able because the ticket in the database id old and expired.
Who do you think will not get a bonus that year.

I think that this kind of data should be in archive log database and on RAC, as the whole company will stop working if the server went down.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel