Re: monitoring tools

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:37:04 -0700

Brand new :
                DB Optimizer

designed by new stellar group at Embarcadero along guidance and design input from me. I was one of the main designers for the OEM performance pages in EM 10g which were a radical change from cluttered statistics to graphically oriented wait based interface.(see a bit of the history here http://www.flickr.com/photos/kylehailey/2659040011/)

Here is my website on DB Optimizer

          http://sites.google.com/site/embtdbo/

DB Optimizer is down loadable from Embarcadero for 14 day trial here:

          http://www.embarcadero.com/products/db_optimizer/index.php

I put a couple of videos on DB Optimizer. First a super short one on Youtube for us busy people:

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fEU5IS0RPA

Second is longer and higher resolution

     http://perfvision.com/video/dbo_coderage.html

I excited about working with the community to make this the best product out there. Release 1.5 just came out two weeks ago, we'll have a patch with some neat simple functionality improvements in a few weeks and version 2.0 by Q4. We are on a rapid development cycle so any ideas, requests and issues can by turned around quickly and rolled into the product. When you try the product, let me know what you think and I'll be happy to get back to you and discuss getting your ideas into the product. Write me at
kyle.hailey_at_embacadero.com
I'll be a little slow to respond the next two weeks as I just had my first child - a 78 hour labor !! and am tiredly adjusting to a beautiful new life.

Best Wishes
Kyle Hailey

PS free tools at my old site http://perfvision.com including a free ash simulator. I'm now full time at Embarcadero so won't be improving these tools any longer.