Re: OID Dynamic Discovery

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:09:00 -0700

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> In the event anyone is actually interested in this, the issue
> has gone to Oracle Development to determine if the sleep
> is coming from Oracle code or not.

Here's what came from Oracle Support:

This is pretty much a documentation bug.

tnsping uses the SSL port (636) as well as the std port (389)

I believe that sqlplus is doing the same thing, though I no longer have the means to test it again.

So, if you are going to use OID Dynamic Discovery, create both DNS records, LDAP and LDAPS. This is not explicitly explained in the documentation.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28196_01/idmanage.1014/b15991/server.htm#i1053850

This explanation does not explain how our test lab worked properly without the
LDAPS record, but at this point I am satisfied that it is just necessary to create
it to ensure that Dynamic Discovery will work.

Jared Still