RE: segment advisor question

From: SHEEHAN, JEREMY <Jeremy.Sheehan_at_fpl.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:41:33 -0400

Kurt,

I wanted to find the tables so I could create a procedure that run the segment advisor then act on what it finds. I know it could be risky doing this, but if I have a small timeframe in which to shrink space on tables/indexes and it's 2am in the morning, I'd like to have this run automatically. Where I work has an application that likes to insert/delete into tables... Frequently and space is becoming a serious issue for the users. We're not able to get any larger file systems for a while and this is one way that I can manage keeping the space to a minimum.

I will look over the documents.

Thank you,

Jeremy
P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

From: Kurt [mailto:kurtengelo_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:36 PM
To: SHEEHAN, JEREMY
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: segment advisor question

Hi Jeremy,

I'm wondering what problem you're trying to solve?

While not answering your question directly, maybe these two procedures might provide the information you are looking for:

DBMS_SPACE.ASA_RECOMMENDATIONS http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/schema.htm#sthref2129

DBMS_SPACE.OBJECT_GROWTH_TREND http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_space.htm#i1002179

I hope this helps.
Kurt

--

The opinions expressed in this email are my own, and not my company's. On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:31 AM, SHEEHAN, JEREMY <Jeremy.Sheehan_at_fpl.com<mailto:Jeremy.Sheehan_at_fpl.com>> wrote:

Does anyone know where the 10g segment advisor stores it's data?

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Mar 31 2009 - 12:41:33 CDT

Original text of this message