Re: sane number of the table partitions in DWH

From: <Kurt-Franke_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:32:57 +0200

Very interesting.

Really it is so currently, but it wasn't so always.

In the Oracle 10.2 Documentation with part number B14237-02 which is the version where your link point to 1024K-1 is documented. I'm already using the 10.2 Documentation with part number B14237-01 (belongs to 10.2.0.1) - in this version 64K-1 is documented. Needless to say I've never touched those values - thousands of partitions yes, but never reached a number with more than 4 cyphers.

It seems Oracle introduces features without the promotion possibilities of a new Version. Thus I should update my Documentation more often, not only for a new Version cypher directly after the first dot but every time the part number changes.

thank you

kf