Re: Analyze gather statistics automated in 10g?

From: <>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:25:17 -0500

I found the following article by Mladen Gogala helpful:

If you are using OEM, if is failry simple to see your maintenance windows and see whether the default timing works for your specific application. In one of my apps, I have most of the tables analyzed automatically, while others are analyzed after they are loaded.

Gene Gurevich

             "J. Dex"
             Sent by:                  <>
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f                                          cc
                                       Analyze gather statistics automated
             03/30/2009 03:33          in 10g?
             Please respond to

After having read some documentation, I am still confused. Is the process of running analyze gathering statistics automated in 10g (specifically or is there still something that needs to be set up to get it to regularly run? What needs to be set up? How do you set it up?

In the past, we have had a cron job that runs weekly that does the following:
exec dbms_stats.gather_database_stats(estimate_percent=>20,cascade=>true);

How is everybody else handling this?

I know that running reports is automated and you don't need to set up perfstat, etc., but my question relates to the actual analyze process.

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailŪ. See how.