RE: Using custom application locks

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:53:19 +0400 (GST)

Hi Richard,
Yes I have used DBMS_LOCK in different scenarios and it does work perfectly fine. I started this thread because my statement that serialization could also be achieved otherwise with custom coding was debated in another posting. So I just wanted to prove with a sample code, using dbms_application_info in specific.

This thread is just for the sake of debating custom locks in particular and not intended to challenge dbms_lock usage.

Thanks!
Amar
Www.amar-Padhi.com