RE: AW: What does trace event 38022? (Bug 6405967)

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:54:20 -0400

Hi Martin,

You mention that _COMPLEX_VIEW_MERGING=false also fixes the problem. I suspect that setting the event is a more "fine-grained" solution. In other words, setting the _COMPLEX_VIEW_MERGING parameter disables all complex view merging, whereas setting event 38022 only disables "distinct sort elimination at subquery unnest", which I suspect is just one small aspect of complex view merging.

Of course, this stuff is not documented, so, that's pure speculation on my part, and could be totally wrong....