Re: standby at remote site

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:31:11 -0700

Clarification: In case of oracle applications, the additional steps would be to configure these middle tiers to point to the new "primary" by running autoconfig by changing the context_file for db related entries to the new "primary". Are there any other changes? But this assumes that your application tiers are not on the standby site. But if the application tiers are on the standby site as well. How do you manage the appl_top and other code trees. Similar to Data guard for db tier, how is the app tier synched other than a periodic rsync from primary to standby site. Is this the only way or is there any other way to achieve this as well?

Thank you
- Kumar