RE: views on views on views

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:55:44 -0400

I want to make sure I understand your meaning.

Do you mean to say that if you have a few hundred million rows that you want to total by say, oh, a hundred categories, then you would chose to return the millions of rows to the application rather than using an aggregate function and a group by to return the one hundred result rows?

That is my understanding of what you wrote. Please let me know if I got it wrong, because I'm stumped about what else you could mean, by "That's it. ..." Oh, and I definitely disagree, if that is indeed your meaning.

Regards,

mwf