Re: Developing RAC applications against vmware

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:02:13 +1100

I don't see the problem with that.
Bottom line is that it should not go straight from development to production anyway. In an ideal world there would be at least a UAT database similar to production (preferably identical) to test things against

Jack

2009/3/26 hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk>

> Hi
>
> So far we have used vmware and Oracle vm to play around with RAC eclusively
> by DBA's like applying a patch or trying for a RMAN backup etc etc.
>
> But now there is a suggestion that we start doing actual development
> against this my question is this a genrally acceptable .Because in a real
> RAC there are many other things whihc might surprise us at the nth momemnt.
>
> regards
> Hrishy

Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation