migrating sybase to oracle

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:34:09 -0400

When I goolge this, I get directed to SQL Developer. Looks like the original oracle migration workbench is in a desupport cycle. When i read the docs it does not say Oracle has actually tested this with Sybase yet(but the doc is 2 years old). I have 2 questions.
  1. has anyone tested connecting SQL Developer to sybase?
  2. When I google for a sybase driver I am not finding a download. I get directed to the sybase install docs. Does anyone have a link to an appropriate jdbc driver to connect sql developer to sybase?
  3. Does anyone know how fast this migration process is? Is it at my network speed?

I don't have access to a sybase DB yet to test this. That is why I am asking.