RE: linux question

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:15:37 -0400

If you want to remove just the quotes, you could do: vi your_file.txt

and in vi, do:

That's colon,s,forward-slash,double-quote,forward-slash,forward-slash,g

Then, if it looks ok, to save the changes:

And there are probably a million other ways to do it, between, sed, awk, perl, emacs, etc,etc,etc.....

If you're unfamiliar/uncomfortable w/ vi, two other thoughts:

1.) Make a backup of the file before you begin. Do: cp your_file.txt your_file.txt.backup

2.) If you're in vi, and you do NOT want to save changes, instead of doing ':wq', do this:

Hope that helps,

From: [] On Behalf Of Eugene Pipko Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:08 PM
To: 'oracle-l'
Subject: linux question

Hi all,
I have a file that I am moving from Windows to the Linux box. The file looks like:

So, every like is in double quotes.

How can I open the file and remove them (quotes) using Linux command? Is it easier to do it on Windows via some batch file?

Eugene Pipko