RE: Rman cloning from Win2008 to WIn2003

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:25:44 -0700

Thanks to all who responded. Indeed, upgrading the o/s is to be done shortly as well.

Thank you

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208
From: nilesh kumar [mailto:nileshkum_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 6:58 AM
To: afatkulin_at_gmail.com
Cc: William Wagman; ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Rman cloning from Win2008 to WIn2003

I guess, you should not have any problem. I have done the cloning on the same platform using RMAN.

Thanks
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Alex Fatkulin <afatkulin_at_gmail.com<mailto:afatkulin_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Bill,

if you reference v$transportable_platform you'll notice that Oracle doesn't distinguish between these versions. It's all referenced as "Microsoft Windows x86 64-bit" i.e. "the same"

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:44 PM, William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu<mailto:wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>> wrote:
> Greetings,

... my question is whether RMAN sees these two Operating Systems as the same platform or are they different enough that I will have to use export/import via the datapump to make this move.

> Thanks.
>
> Bill Wagman
> Univ. of California at Davis
> IET Campus Data Center
> wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu<mailto:wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
> (530) 754-6208

Alex Fatkulin,
http://afatkulin.blogspot.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexfatkulin

Thanks
Nilesh Soni
Oracle DBA--OCA 10g
Oracle is not a magic..it takes years of experiance :-)
9860584034
*****Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary*****