Database Reporting Input/Suggestions Needed

From: Taylor, Chris David <Chris.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:48:16 -0500

I have a need to develop some database reports that are mailed out at regular intervals for management. These reports need to be geared more to a management position with 'eye candy' - you know, charts, graphs, pretty colors. ;)

Anyway, I was looking at Grid Control 10.2.0.4 which we have and wasn't really satisfied with the reporting functionality from that point of view.

I want to capture metrics such as CPU Usage, disk space usage/growth, concurrent users and disk space used by backups (more of a physical server specific report).

So, I need some suggestions from people who have this type of reporting setup. What product or custom solution did you use? What metrics are you capturing? I'm just getting started down this road and am looking for ideas and possible solutions.

I'm not much of a developer - I can do some PL/SQL and maybe a little VB.Net (with some help from our developers).

Thoughts/Ideas?

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company