Re: Rman cloning from Win2008 to WIn2003

From: Alex Fatkulin <afatkulin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:06:22 -0400

Bill,

if you reference v$transportable_platform you'll notice that Oracle doesn't distinguish between these versions. It's all referenced as "Microsoft Windows x86 64-bit" i.e. "the same"

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:44 PM, William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> Greetings,

... my question is whether RMAN sees these two Operating Systems as the same platform or are they different enough that I will have to use export/import via the datapump to make this move.

> Thanks.
>
> Bill Wagman
> Univ. of California at Davis
> IET Campus Data Center