Re: ASM white paper for parameter settings?

From: Bradd Piontek <>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:48:36 -0500

I'm not aware of any whitepapers off-hand, but I hear there are some really good ASM books.

I can speak to my personal experience. In adding multiple instances to a node (I don't know the limit, depends on load etc), I have seen the need to increase processes as well as shared_pool_size. This was on 10gR2, btw.

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,

        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your