Re: ** OEM

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:50:35 -0700 (PDT)

Niall,

   Here is what I did to check if it is able to go to
tnsnames.ora : I went to navigator -> add database to tree then  add selected databases from your local tnsnames.ora and then added databases successfully. I also did navigator -> add database to tree then then add database manually. Can you list any other detailed steps to be done. Thanks

  • On Wed, 3/18/09, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote: From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> Subject: Re: ** OEM To: ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org, Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 5:14 PM

actually it might
be an issue. the java tools can barf on valid tnsnames.ora files. a quick test is to use the net manager tool to try to edit the network configuration in that directory. if net manager can't represent the network config accurately then the oem java console won't work. NB net manager not the config assistant.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 4:26 PM, A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

Thomas,
   Thanks. Yes. tnsnames.ora is

there in all places and tested too. By logging in using XP sqlplus. So that is not an issue. No, it does not timeout. It does not give any error. Nothing happens after entering the user/pass and hitting OK. Thanks

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info