Re: ORA-12154 and standby

From: <genegurevich_at_discover.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:05:16 -0500

I have it set to the database name on the standby and primary sides:

SQL> show parameter uniq

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ -----------
------------------------------
db_unique_name                       string      pcrp01

SQL> show parameter uniq

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ -----------
------------------------------
db_unique_name                       string      pcrp01d

SQL> show parameter uniq

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ -----------
------------------------------
db_unique_name                       string      pcrp01c

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle MySQL Operations
224-405-4079

             Ray Stell
             <stellr_at_cns.vt.ed
             u>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  genegurevich_at_discover.com
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f                                          cc
             reelists.org              Bradd Piontek
                                       <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>,
                                       oracle-l_at_freelists.org
             03/18/2009 12:49                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: ORA-12154 and standby

             Please respond to
             stellr_at_cns.vt.edu

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:31:25PM -0500, genegurevich_at_discover.com wrote:
> Bradd and Ray
>
> Here are the relevant parameters
> log_archive_dest_1 string
> LOCATION=/opt/oracle/admin/pcrp01/arch mandatory reopen=30
> log_archive_dest_2 string SERVICE=pcrp01c ARCH
> NOAFFIRM OPTIONAL
I'm guessing DB_UNIQUE_NAME:

DB_UNIQUE_NAME Usage Notes

      This attributes is required if the LOG_ARCHIVE_CONFIG=DG_CONFIG
      initialization parameter is specified and if this is a remote
      destination (specified with the SERVICE attribute).