** outline change

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:12:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I want to update a stored outline to change the join method. Is there a way it can be done from sqlplus instead of from OEM or tool. Using just unix sqlplus access. I looked at DBMS_OUTLN package but nothing in it. I do see tables like outln.ol$hints and the outline in it but I do not want to do a sqlplus update on it without knowing the full impact. I cannot change the query with hint etc since it is a indirect query. So I cannot give hint etc and exchange plan. Thanks for help. In TOAD : it says there is outline management but I cannot find it. Thanks