RE: Clusterware on solaris

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:19:41 -0400

Why are you planning to mount a raw device?

If you mount a filesystem read/write on the same device on two or more different nodes, you had better be using some sort of clustered file system. If you're talking about mounting, say log and out or archived redo logs read/write on one node and read only on another node so you can see them in case of recovery or just for convenience that is a different issue.

But I thought this thread was about voting disks and ocr registry volumes. You don't want to mount filesystems on those devices at all.

I don't believe LS Cheng was at all suggesting you mount those devices. Just read the docs about using shared raw. As for the "mirrors," that should be at least duplexing the LUN setup on the SAN.

mwf