Re: Sniffer Tool?

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:44:28 -0700

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Manjula Krishnan <>wrote:

> Hi Guys:
> Is there a tool out there that would sniff out my network and find all the
> oracle installs, versions, hardware info on the servers etc?

You could use nmap (linux) to find ports being used in the range that Oracle uses, typically 1521-1529 would find something if Oracle is being used.

I've used a perl script called pcan to do this.

However you go about it, talk to your security folks before you start a port scan on the network.

Jared Still