Re: session_cached_cursors

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:45:56 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm confusing on which part of memory affected by
> session_cached_cursors....SGA or PGA ?

Session cursor cache exists in UGA. It stores the addresses of child cursors that exist in shared pool. The idea is that once you have the addresses (pointers), you go straight to where the child cursors are without scanning shared pool. It also implies the child cursors are not supposed to be removed as easily as if you didn't have those pointers in session cursor cache.

I did some research on this. See
http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/SessionCursorCache.txt

Yong Huang