Oracle Orion I/O test tool on Windows AMD fails

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:35:17 -0400

Has anybody successfully used Orion on a Windows 2003 server running AMD ? I keep trying to run it, and get no errors from Orion itself, but it refuses to run - the program just dies with no errors.

In the Application Event Viewer I get the following-

Faulting application orion.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module orion.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0004db7f.

I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with an AMD processor, but the only other machine I tried it on was a Windows XP 32 bit Intel laptop, and it works fine there. My feeling is that its more Windows 2003 and/or 64 bit I tried to alter the compatibility of orion.exe (using Win XP compatibility) but I suspect this did not do anything, and it had no positive affect.

I am using a test.lun file to point to a dbf file I created. I also tried it on a real DBF file that I copied from a 10g database, with no change. I am stumped.