recovery scenario

From: Prasad <p4cldba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:10:18 -0700

All,

recently I recovered a database where we lost the controlfile from the cold backup.I recreated the controlfile and then I was able to add the read only tablespaces with there corresponding datafile by doing some guesswork . But I was wondering if there is a right way of doing this . Here is the scenario . I appreciate any suggestions.

scenario

oracle 9.2.0.7
- cold backup available without the control file.

  • restored the cold backup and recreated the controlfile by taking all the datafiles.
  • there were 10 read only tablespaces having 15 datafiles out of a total of 247 datafile I dont know which datafiles belong to which read only tablespace and the user is hitting the below error

java.sql.SQLException with message, ORA-00376: file 71 cannot be read at this time
ORA-01111: name for data file 71 is unknown - rename to correct file ORA-01110: data file 71: '/u1/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/dbs/MISSING00071'

what option I have to relate the these read only tablespace to there corresponding datafiles.

Thanks in advance
-Pk

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Mar 11 2009 - 20:10:18 CDT