SDU and standby log shipping

From: Jason Heinrich <>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:36:45 -0500

Speaking of the SDU parameters, has anyone here seen tangible benefits from increasing the SDU for shipping redo from the primary database to a standby? Our specific environment:

Windows 2003
Oracle w/DataGuard
Logical standby geographically separate from the primary Primary in maximum performance mode

The other day we had a situation where redo was being generated so quickly on the primary that not all of it got shipped to the standby. I was wondering if a large SDU could alleviate this type of problem in the future.

Jason Heinrich