Are the OMS targets optional in Grid Control?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:37:14 -0500 (CDT)

Howdy,

In GC 10.2.0.3.0, I'm removing some test targets and started to scrutinize the need to monitor the "EnterpriseManager0" targets on the OMS:

	EM Website
	EM Website System
	EnterpriseManager0.MY_OMS
	EnterpriseManager0.MY_OMS_HTTP Server
	EnterpriseManager0.MY_OMS_OC4J_EM
	EnterpriseManager0.MY_OMS_OC4J_EMPROV
	EnterpriseManager0.MY_OMS_Web Cache
	EnterpriseManager0.MY_OMS_home
	MY_OMS_beacon

Except for the first one, these are only monitored for availability (being up or down) AFAIK.

Has anyone dropped these targets from GC? Can they be? What are the effects? I can't find any documentation on this, official or not. Since I'm the only DBA, there is very rarely anyone else looking at Grid Control. If the above are down due to error, I'll know by other monitoring means.

Thoughts?

TIA!
Rich